84 per cent of Ottawa residents 18 and over have received at least one dose and 76 per cent are fully vaccinated.
Covid-19 and vaccine updates:
- Almost 1.5 million doses have been administered across our City.
- 84 per cent of Ottawa residents 18 and over have received at least one dose and 76 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- Ottawa Public Health has opened public health neighbourhood vaccine hubs(link is external) to offer convenient and accessible ways to access COVID-19 vaccines in neighbourhoods across the city.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “I want to be very clear about the neighbourhoods where there is lower vaccine uptake: it is not necessarily that people are vaccine hesitant, rather, there are also systemic barriers that prevent access to vaccine information and opportunities for vaccination”. Read the latest statement from Dr. Vera Etches(link is external)
- A new map tool was launched which highlights COVID-19 vaccination rates by neighbourhood in Ottawa. This will help us address the barriers that prevent some members of our community from accessing opportunities for vaccination. For more information, visit COVID-19 Vaccinations by Neighbourhood(link is external)
- Re-booking your 2nd dose appointment earlier helps us reach #CommunityImmunity faster (and it’s super easy!). If you have your 2nd dose appointment booked for later; you may receive a call from OPH in the coming days to re-schedule. Learn more: COVID-19 Vaccine(link is external)
- Mubarak Farah, Founder and piano instructor at Ability Through Music, shares why it’s important to get the vaccine(link is external). Ottawa, roll up your sleeves, and let’s do this.
- Why get vaccinated? What’s in it for you? Watch this short video to get the answers! Dr Trevor Arnason, Associate Medical Officer of Health, answers your COVID-19 vaccine questions(link is external)!
- Watch the newest vaccine stories from Randa (also available in Tunisian)(link is external) and Professor Kiringa (also available in Lingala)(link is external). For the full playlist of vaccine stories, please visit Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 vaccine stories(link is external)
- Remember, you can get a COVID-19 test at an assessment centre, care clinic, or community testing site. Learn more about when and how to get a test here(link is external).
- Visit the frequently asked questions page(link is external) for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations