Track lane reductions on Montreal Road, due to roadwork construction, over the next weeks.
Work planned for February 24 to 28:
- Montreal Road from Montgomery Street to de L’Eglise Street: Hydro overhead utility works and burial works (various locations). Eastbound and westbound lanes will remain open but may be reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 am and 3:30 pm. Pedestrian access may be limited within the work zones and detours will be implemented as required.
- Palace Street from Montreal Road to Selkirk Street is closed until Thursday, February 27. This closure is required to facilitate the installation of a Hydro pole on Palace Street. Access to Palace Street will be maintained for local residents only and flag persons will be on site to facilitate traffic.
Work planned for March 2 to 6:
The contractor, R.W. Tomlinson Limited, will be mobilizing equipment and crews to start construction on North River Road beginning with road closures at the following intersections:
- Coupal Street/North River Road
- Mark Avenue/North River Road
- Tudor Place/North River Road
The road closures are necessary to facilitate side street watermain cut and caps that require several days to complete. During the road closures, local access from North River Road will be provided via Wayling Avenue. Temporary water shut-offs will be required while crews are working on the watermain. Notices will be distributed to residents affected by the water shut-offs 24 hours in advance.
There are additional road closures and night work being planned at various intersections along Montreal Road in March.