The last roundup
As of Wednesday, September 29, the City of Ottawa and Ottawa Public Health have administered 1,606,633 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and we have almost 85% of our population over the age of 12 fully vaccinated.
As news and updates become less frequent, we can now discontinue this weekly roundup of COVID news and information. We will still send important updates to this email list as they happen. We simply will not be sending a weekly summary report every Friday.
Ottawa Public Health(link is external) will always have the latest official news and updates on their website and social media channels. Follow them on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).
Thank you for your interest and helping to keep Ottawa safe and healthy!
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “My outlook for this fall is one of cautious optimism. I am hopeful that we can avoid further lockdowns, serious illness or death and overwhelming our health care system if we continue with the current public health measures in place.” Read the latest statement from Dr. Vera Etches(link is external)
- Vaccination hubs(link is external) are located in communities across Ottawa – no appointments needed, drop-ins encourage for first and second doses. Help build community immunity!
- Supporting employees to get fully vaccinated is the best way to help protect them from the risks of COVID-19, prevent outbreaks and build confidence in the health and safety of the workplace. Learn how to develop a workplace vaccination policy for your business.
- OttawaPublicHealth.ca/COVID19Vaccine(link is external) is a one-stop-shop for COVID-19 vaccine information. Find answers to your vaccine-related questions on our FAQ page, it’s that simple!
- A recent Globe and Mail webcast brought experts together to discuss the evolving COVID-19 situation. Hear what Associate Medical Officer of Health Dr. Sarah Funnell, and other speakers had to say: Are we ready to gather?(link is external)
- Join us on October 6! Ottawa Public Health is hosting a COVID-19 virtual town hall to answer your questions and provide information about the COVID-19 vaccine in Somali, English, and French. Visit our calendar for details(link is external).
- Our new Special Events Toolkit(link is external) can support you in in organizing and hosting Social Wise special events of any size by providing you with resources, signage, tools, information, and guidance documents. Check out the new Special Events Toolkit(link is external) for support if you are organizing or hosting a Special Event that is permissible under the Provincial Regulations(link is external).