Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Proof of vaccination is now required in certain settings. Please take a moment to listen to this message from Dr. Vera Etches(link is external), your Medical Officer of Health.
- There are lots of options for proof of vaccination! Find out how to get yours here: covid19.ontariohealth.ca(link is external) or call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900. Received your vaccine outside of Ontario? Visit COVID-19 Out of Province Dose Documentation(link is external).
- Watch Ryker’s vaccine story(link is external). For the full playlist of vaccine ambassador stories, please visit Ottawa Public Health’s YouTube channel(link is external).
- ICYMI: There is a temporary COVID-19 testing centre(link is external) operating until September 29 at the McNabb Arena (180 Percy Street) for individuals aged 6 months or older in need of a COVID test.
- Looking for COVID-19 resources in Arabic? Our very own Heidi joined CHIN Radio for an interview on how community outreach programs provide vaccination opportunities to all! Listen to the Arabic interview here(link is external)! Also check out our newly launched Arabic Facebook group(link is external) where we can answer questions and listen to your concerns about COVID-19! For more resources, please visit our Arabic Portal(link is external).
- OPH will be partnering with Jewish Family Services (JFS), YMCA, and Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Ottawa (OCISO) to host a one-hour event for youth in Arabic. Join us on September 29, 5:30-6:30 pm for a Kahoot quiz via Zoom. Register here(link is external)!
- Do you have questions about COVID-19 and vaccines? Join our upcoming virtual town hall on Wednesday, September 29 from noon to 1 pm(link is external).
COVID-19 and vaccine updates:
- As of Wednesday, September 22, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for those 12 and older to enter City recreation and cultural facilities, with some exceptions.
- Almost 1.6 million doses have been administered across our city.
- 88 per cent of Ottawa residents 12 and over have received at least one dose and 82 per cent are fully vaccinated.