Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “As we are seeing Delta variant fueled resurgences occurring in other countries, we know we can impact the chances of that occurring here by our collective actions.” Read the latest statement from Dr. Brent Moloughney(link is external)
- If you or a member of your family need a first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, visit one of our clinics, open daily, no appointment needed. Just drop-in whenever it's convenient for you! Learn more about clinic locations and hours of operation(link is external).
- We’ve added even more locations to our Neighbourhood Vaccination Hubs making it easier and more convenient to get your COVID-19 vaccine. Find the Neighbourhood Vaccination Hub nearest you!(link is external)
- Are you a part of the Arabic speaking community in Ottawa? Do you have questions and concerns about COVID-19? Come and chat with us in this Facebook group: OttawaPublicHealth.ca/FacebookArabic
(link is external)
- A third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is now available to residents most at risk of serious illness, including individuals who are severely immunocompromised. Learn more about who is eligible and how to receive a third dose, here.
- There are some scary things on the internet about COVID-19 vaccines. Make sure to check credible sources and watch this myth busting video! Dr. Trevor Arnason, Associate Medical Officer of Health, answers your COVID-19 vaccine questions!(link is external)
- Check out our new multilingual videos including Arabic, Cantonese, Polish, French (and many more) where the Queensway Carleton Hospital doctors answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccines(link is external).
- Individuals with a green photo health card can download or print an electronic COVID-19 vaccine receipt through the provincial portal(link is external), or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line. Individuals who have a red and white health care or who do not have a health card can contact the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 for a call centre agent to email them a copy of their first and second dose receipts.
Covid-19 and vaccine updates:
- Over 1.5 million doses have been administered across our city.
- 85 per cent of Ottawa residents 12 and over have received at least one dose and 79 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- Province-wide masking regulations continue to be in effect. So, don’t abandon your mask in your pocket, purse or car glove compartment yet. You will need to bring it with you to wear it.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).