Welcome to the City of Ottawa’s weekly roundup of information regarding the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also keep up with City updates daily on COVID-19 on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).
- Looking for ways to stay active? Our fall aquatic registration kicks off on Monday August 24.
- You can also check out our Recreation eGuides for more ideas on activities to keep you busy.
- Children are headed back to the classroom. Check out our back-to-school primer and help keep our kids safe.
- COVID-19 can’t stop our Pride: Capital Pride is going virtual.
- The nomination period for 2020 Cumberland By-election has closed. The By-election will take place on Monday, October 5.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- What OPH is saying(link is external) about supporting schools during COVID-19.
- Reminder to be SocialWise(link is external).
- Stay updated on the latest special statements(link is external) from Ottawa’s health officials.
- Stay connected: Follow Ottawa Public Health on Twitter(link is external), Facebook(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).
In case you missed it
- Before and after school programs start on September 3.
- Taking the kids to the mall? Check out this fun video(link is external) with Dexter the Dinosaur.
- City Hall and Ben Franklin Place Client Service Centres are now open by appointment only. If you do not have access to the internet, you can call 3-1-1 to book an appointment with a City of Ottawa agent or to find out more about the City’s reopening plan and COVID-related safety protocols.
- Reminder that masks are mandatory in indoor public spaces and the City seeks donations of cloth masks for those in need.
- The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs, and services that affect your daily life.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).