Welcome to the City of Ottawa’s weekly roundup of information regarding the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also keep up with City updates daily on COVID-19 on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).
- The province limits indoor gatherings to ten and outdoor gatherings to 25 in Ottawa in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. After several months of focusing on education and awareness, the City will now start to fine those breaking the Temporary Mandatory Mask By-law.
- OC Transpo is the first Canadian transit agency to join the American Public Transportation Association’s (APTA) “Health and Safety Commitments Program”.
- City Museums and Historic sites opened in August and most City-run galleries will open through the month ahead.
- Enforcement of on-street parking limits resumes on September 21.
- Additional parking now available at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre(link is external) located at the Brewer Park Arena.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- New video(link is external): How to wear a mask at school, and what you need to know about School and child-care contact tracing(link is external).
- FAQ(link is external): Do members of the same household of a student/staff identified by OPH as a close contact of an individual who tested positive for COVID-19, need to self-isolate or be tested?
- Supporting schools(link is external) during COVID-19.
- Stay connected: Follow Ottawa Public Health on Twitter(link is external), Facebook(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).
In case you missed it
- Children are headed back to the classroom. Tips and resources to help you plan a commute that is safe for everyone
- The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs, and services that affect your daily life.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).