Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- Almost 1.4 million doses have been administered across our City.
- 83 per cent of Ottawa residents 18 and over have received at least one dose and 69 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- Pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics are now open(link is external) to anyone age 12 and up for a first or second dose. Expanding eligibility will help increase access to COVID-19 vaccines for anyone in Ottawa.
- Workplaces, community organizations, places of worship and other groups can now request a mobile vaccination team to administer first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine on-site, at their own location.
- Remember, you can get a COVID-19 test at an assessment centre, care clinic, or community testing site. Learn more about when and how to get a test here(link is external).
- The Province of Ontario is currently in Step 3(link is external) of its three-step plan to safely reopen the province.
- Visit the City’s vaccine distribution page for more information on vaccines.
- Visit the frequently asked questions page(link is external) for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- Re-opening can be a stressful time for many. Remind yourself of the things that have helped you cope with stress in the past. If you are feeling nervous, it’s okay to take your time returning to activities. Learn more about resources for Mental Health, Substance Use and COVID-19(link is external).
- We have many appointments to move up your 2nd dose. If you have your 2nd dose appointment booked for later; you may receive a call or email from OPH in the coming days to get your vaccine sooner! Find more about vaccine booking here: COVID-19 Vaccine(link is external).
- It’s important to use and share the best health information from credible and trusted sources. That’s why we developed the COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard(link is external), to keep you informed about vaccines in Ottawa.
- Watch Samantha share her second dose vaccine experience, including why it is important for her and others to get vaccinated on Instagram(link is external) and TikTok(link is external).
- Watch Dr. Dartey’s vaccine story(link is external) in Ashante Twi and Félicité’s vaccine story(link is external) in Kinyardwanda. For the full playlist of vaccine ambassador stories, please visit Ottawa Public Health’s YouTube channel(link is external).
In case you missed it
A day in the life of Ottawa's Emergency Operations Centre - Even though the City is no longer in a State of Emergency, the Emergency Operations Centre still has work to do as the central coordination hub for vaccine mobilization in Ottawa.
Want the latest City news?(link is external) - Get up-to-the-minute news on City initiative and programs delivered right to your inbox. Complete the sign-up form and select City News.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).