Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external):
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- To date, more than 729,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa and more than 70 per cent of adults have received at least one dose. More than 74,000 doses were administered in Ottawa last week.
- Beginning Saturday, June 12, all City of Ottawa and Ottawa Public Health pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics will accept residents from any of Ottawa’s priority neighbourhoods for first-dose vaccination.
- More appointments were made available in the provincial booking system for Ottawa residents aged 12 and older who still need a first or are eligible for a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. These appointments will take place between Saturday, June 12 and Monday, June 14 at the Infinity Centre.
- Effective today, the Province of Ontario has moved to Step One(link is external) of its Three-Step Roadmap(link is external) to safely reopen the province.
- As the City receives more vaccines from the Province and the provincial booking system is updated, more appointments will become available. Visit the City’s Vaccine distribution page for more information.
- Visit the Frequently asked questions(link is external) page for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “As we move into Step 1, my advice is the same for everyone regardless of your vaccine status, for now: continue to maintain a distance from those outside your household." Read the latest statement from Dr. Vera Etches(link is external).
- Check out the latest vaccine ambassador stories from Imam Albatnuni(link is external), Hatim Abu Elhawa(link is external) and Dr. Ralph Dartey(link is external). For the full playlist of vaccine ambassador stories, please visit Ottawa Public Health’s YouTube channel(link is external).
- Protecting communities by building immunity: Find COVID-19 vaccine information and resources(link is external)
- Check out our tool to support individuals with disabilities(link is external) get better access City of Ottawa COVID-19 vaccine clinics. After booking your appointment, you can let us know about additional supports you might need.
- You can access OPH’s multilingual resources to get answers to your COVID-19 vaccine questions in Arabic(link is external), Somali(link is external), and Simplified Chinese(link is external).
In case you missed it
Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and beaches will reopen this month
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external).