Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also get daily City updates on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), and Instagram(link is external):
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- To date, more than 673,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa and 75 per cent of adults have received at least one dose.
- More appointments are now available in the provincial booking system for Ottawa residents who still need a first dose or are eligible for a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The City is reaching out to individuals who received first doses at rural clinics who still need second dose appointments.
- Residents of any priority neighbourhood may now be eligible for a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at an upcoming pop-up clinic.
- More pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics for priority neighbourhoods for first and second doses have now been scheduled.
- The Province of Ontario has moved to Step One(link is external) of its Three-Step Roadmap(link is external) to safely reopen the province.
- As the City receives more vaccines from the Province and the provincial booking system is updated, more appointments will become available. Visit the City’s Vaccine distribution page for more information on vaccines.
Visit the Frequently asked questions(link is external) page for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
“This summer, how much the level of COVID-19 rises in the community depends directly on our collective actions.” Read the statement from Dr. Brent Moloughney, Associate Medical Officer of Health(link is external)
- Interchanging vaccines is a safe and effective way to protect against COVID-19. Based on National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) recommendations, we encourage everyone to get the first second dose vaccine available to them. Find out more here.
- I have received one or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine outside of the Province of Ontario. What should I do? Click here to learn more(link is external).
- Join us! The African Canadian Association of Ottawa(link is external) is hosting an information session tonight, June 18 at 6 pm to answer your questions about COVID-19 vaccines. All are welcome to this free, bilingual event. Register here(link is external).
- As of this week, the Nepean Sportsplex vaccine clinic has administered over 100,000 COVID-19 vaccines! A huge thank you to the incredible staff working hard to keep our community safe and thank YOU for helping us reach #CommunityImmunity!