The City of Ottawa’s weekly roundup of information regarding the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
June 5, 2020
Announcements and Events
- Working together as a community, being mindful and supporting each other during the pandemic were the main themes of a media availability on June 3.
- Public washrooms are now open in five Ottawa parks with staff to monitor and clean the washrooms.
- To support economic recovery and help restaurants and retail businesses, Transportation Committee recommends creating new storefront outdoor retail spaces and allowing food trucks to operate in parking lots at approved City parks.
- OC Transpo’s Transit Service Recovery Plan includes enhanced health and safety measures and system adjustments in order to keep everyone as safe as possible as ridership increases.
- The Ottawa Public Library’s new Curbside Returns and Holds Pickup service allows curbside returns at six locations staring June 8 and curbside pickups by appointment staring Monday, June 15.
- The City provided an update on summer camp programs.
- Financially impacted property owners reminded about the City’s Property Tax Hardship Deferral Program.
- Don’t forget, you can watch live City Council or Committee meetings on the Ottawa City Council YouTube Channel. City Council meetings are also broadcast live on RogersTV Cable 22 and live streamed on the RogersTV website.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health