Debris and waste pickup is ongoing. If you have spoiled food from the storm and are able to, please store it in your freezer until your weekly curbside green bin pick-up.
See below for a handy tip sheet!
- Forestry Services has received over 2,200 requests for service.
- Staff are prioritizing work to address downed trees and broken or hanging limbs that are blocking streets or that may otherwise pose a hazard to residents or property. Cleanup will be a multi-week effort involving multiple teams and partners.
- Starting Friday, April 7, tipping fees at the City’s landfill site at the Trail Waste Facility (4475 Trail Road) will be temporarily waived for residents with organic storm-related waste such as tree-cuttings, brush and branches.
The Trail Waste Facility is open:
- Good Friday (Friday, April 7) from 9 am to 5 pm
- Easter Monday (Monday, April 10) from 9 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, April 15 from 8 am to 4 pm
- Monday to Friday from 7 am to 6 pm
Please be mindful of your curbside debris location.
Every second counts! To ensure that Ottawa Firefighters have access to fire hydrants, please keep an area of at least 1.5 metres clear of bundled branches, brush or tree limbs. Chipping and collection will take some time. Thank you for your patience.
Visit: https://bit.ly/3Ki9McS for more storm updates and information from the City of Ottawa.