City staff have provided a bi-monthly update concerning the Montreal Road revitalization project.
Work activities planned for the next two weeks (May 2 to May 13) include:
- Adjustments to Montreal Road detour and Bus Routes – The Montreal Road detour began on Sunday, April 24 and has been in place for over a week now. At this point, most local motorists, commuters and delivery drivers should be aware of the detour and side street closures. Some additional measures have been put in place including signage and traffic calming measures to reinforce the detour route. Some cut-through traffic will continue on local roads as motorists attempt to bypass the detour. Your patience is appreciated as we enter the final year of construction with this benign the last detour of the project
- Watermain and underground pipe – Watermain work is continuing near the Montreal Road/Granville intersection. Water shut offs are scheduled for this week while crews connect the temporary overland pipes to buildings located in the vicinity of the Lafontaine/Granville. Businesses affected by the water shut offs have been notified in advance. The underground work at the Montreal Road/Granville intersection will continue over the next several months which includes storm and sanitary pipe replacement. Underground storm sewer work is also taking place on Montreal Road just west of St. Laurent
- Sidewalk and cycle track – Crews are continuing sidewalk reinstatement and concrete work along various sections of Montreal Road east of Lacasse.
- Road excavation – Road excavation and road box construction is continuing between de l’Église and St. Laurent on the south side of Montreal Road.
- Utility and telecoms – Underground utility work and placement of telecom ducts has starter on the south side of Montreal Road at Lafontaine working towards de l’Église
- Landscaping – Preparation for landscape work will start this week with some sod placement starting in the next two weeks along sections of Montreal Road. Removals at Dupuis started earlier this week.