This is this week’s update for the Montreal Road Revitalization project.
Work planned for March 30 to April 3:
- North River Road – North end (Montreal Road to Cul-de-Sac): Continued underground sewer work with North River Road reduced to one lane. Traffic control personal is flagging traffic and pedestrian access is maintained.
- North River Road – South end (Montreal Road to Selkirk Street): Sewer work on the west side of North River Road will be completed early this week. Traffic will be flipped, and the east side of the road will be closed to allow for watermain construction. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction on the south end of North River Road. Pedestrian and bus access will be maintained.
- Montreal Road (North River Road to Vanier Parkway): Underground storm sewer and watermain work at North River Road will require reducing Montreal Road to one lane in each direction with possible sections reduced to one lane during off-peak hours. Traffic control personnel will be located on site directing and monitoring the flow of traffic. Pedestrian and bus access will be maintained. Parking will be removed on both the north and south side of Montreal Road with the contractor making provisions for deliveries if required.
- Savard Avenue at Montreal Road will be closed starting this week until December 2020. The section of Savard Avenue between Montreal Road and access to 150 Montreal Road will be one of the fenced off equipment and material storage sites for the project. Notice and further details about the road closure are being delivered to surrounding businesses and residents.
Work planned for April 6 to April 10 (schedule subject to changing circumstances around COVID-19, see note below):
- North River Road: Continued underground sewer work and watermain work on both the north and south ends on North River Road.
- Montreal Road (North River Road towards Marier Avenue): Reduce Montreal Road to one lane in each direction and begin installation of overland hoses to provide temporary water services to business during the watermain replacement. Possible excavation for temporary water service into buildings could begin this week between North River Road and Marier Avenue. Water shutoffs will be communicated 24 hours in advance
- Montreal Road (Olmstead to Marier): Reduce Montreal to one lane in each direction with possible reduction to one lane with traffic control personnel controlling flow of vehicles. The work will involve underground storm sewer construction across Montreal Road. Parking on both the north and south side of Montreal Road will be temporarily removed. Deliveries will be accommodated as required.
- As per the announcement from the province of Ontario on March 23, construction is deemed as an essential service. The City is working closely with the construction industry and contract workers who are providing services on behalf of the City. All contract workers are required to follow all recommended Ottawa Public Health safety measures. Understanding that the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, this work is subject to modifications if the situation changes. Any changes will be communicated to stakeholders and the public.