Spring changes to OC Transpo service begin on Sunday, April 18.
OC Transpo will roll into the season with the expansion of Rack & Roll to its entire bus network, further adjustments will be introduced due to the ongoing pandemic, and new detours will accommodate construction projects.
Customers are encouraged to visit octranspo.com to see if their regular trips are affected by the upcoming changes or construction this spring.
Rack & Roll
For the first time ever, all buses will have bike racks installed to help customers make connections to transit using their bikes. Tips on how to use the bike racks are available on the OC Transpo website. Rack & Roll is available each year from spring until fall.
- Due to less auto traffic because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, most routes will see reduced travel times during weekday peak periods.
- Weekend schedules will be adjusted on Routes 6, 16, 24, 30, 35, 39, 40, 53, 61, 62, 74, 75, 81, 83, 85, 88, 90, 93, 98, 131, 138, 162, 171, and 190 to improve service reliability.
- Minor schedule changes will be made on weekdays on Routes 20, 61, 63, 75, 80, 83, 89, 261, 262, and 275.
- Service on Routes 10, 25, 111 and Line 2 buses will be reduced to reflect lower seasonal ridership levels to Carleton University and La Cité normally seen each spring with the end of the school year and beginning of the summer semester.
Montréal Road Revitalization detours
Routes 12, 14, 15 and 20 will be changed for Montréal Road Revitalization project construction. Detours will be in place from April until December, while Montréal Road is reduced to only one westbound lane between St-Laurent Boulevard and Vanier Parkway. For a full list of affected stops, schedules, maps and school service changes, visit octranspo.com.
- Route 12: To provide a faster connection to the O-Train Line 1, for customers travelling downtown, Route 12 will temporarily operate between St-Laurent and Blair stations seven days a week. Route 12 school trips will move to Route 15 and new Routes 615 and 616.
- Route 14: Will maintain the current routing and will have a longer travel time.
- Route 15: Will be detoured through and around the construction zone and will operate as a frequent all-day route to and from downtown, operating seven days a week. Weekday daytime trips will travel between Blair Station and Montréal Road using Bathgate Drive and Den Haag Drive with service to downtown and Gatineau. Evening and weekend trips will use Blair Road and will end at Parliament Station.
- Route 20: Eastbound service will be detoured and have a longer travel time.
Route 222 detour begins May 3
Service will be detoured due to a road closure on Piperville Road between Farmers Way and Russell Road in order to accommodate the replacement of the Piperville Road bridge over Bear Brook, near Carlsbad Springs.