The Province of Ontario is currently in Step 3(link is external) of their three-step plan to safely reopen the province.
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- More than 1.3 million doses have been administered across our City.
- More than 82 per cent of Ottawa residents 18 and over have received at least one dose and 62 per cent have received two doses.
- More pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics for priority neighbourhoods for first and second doses have now been scheduled for July 19 to July 26. These clinics are intended to raise vaccination rates in priority neighbourhoods and remove some barriers to accessing the vaccine. Pop-up clinics will continue while needed.
- Residents can drop in to select community clinics in Ottawa to receive a first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment from 10 am to 7 pm. Note however that second dose drop-ins will only take place at clinics that have enough supply. This will change daily. The list of locations will be updated daily on ottawapublichealth.ca(link is external) and on the City’s Facebook(link is external), Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- The Province of Ontario is currently in Step 3(link is external) of their three-step plan to safely reopen the province.
- Visit the City’s vaccine distribution page for more information on vaccines.
- Visit the frequently asked questions page(link is external) for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- "Our community has worked hard to reach this next step and I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who has rolled up their sleeve to get vaccinated [...] The actions people continue to take (wearing masks indoors and in crowded spaces, practising physical distancing, limiting close contacts and getting two doses of COVID-19 vaccine) are enabling us to keep COVID-19 levels at a bay." Read the latest statement from Dr. Brent Moloughney(link is external).
- Supporting your children and loved ones in getting vaccinated against COVID-19 brings us one step closer to Community Immunity. For more information about vaccines for youth, please visit: kidshealthfirst.ca(link is external)
- The Business Reopening Toolkit offers sector specific information; measures and restrictions, the latest public health advice and other resources to help Ottawa businesses reopen safely. Find more information here: ottawa.ca/BusinessToolkit
- The first and second dose waitlist tool has been updated to reset weekly (not daily), which makes life much easier for those using it! The waitlist lets you sign up for last minute doses that are available at our community clinics. Sign up here: COVID-19 Vaccine Wait List(link is external)
- Mixing vaccine schedules has been done before! Different vaccine products have been used to complete a vaccine series for influenza, hepatitis A, and others. The same applies to the COVID-19 vaccines, find out more here: Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination(link is external)