We continue to see high levels of flu, COVID-19 and RSV circulating in our community.
Weekly Snapshot and Dashboard
Our weekly Respiratory Virus Snapshots are shared through OPH’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and posted on our main COVID-19 website at OttawaPublicHealth.ca/coronavirus. Check out the dashboard displaying information about respiratory virus activity: www.OttawaPublicHealth.ca/FluReport
- We continue to see high levels of flu, COVID-19 and RSV circulating in our community. You can find a more detailed breakdown of our monitoring indicators on our new dashboard, which is updated weekly. ca/FluReport
- Many of you will have gatherings planned in the coming days, including New Year’s Eve celebrations. We know many are looking forward to these events, and it can be hard to cancel on friends & family, but if you’re sick, attending a gathering puts everyone at risk. If you’re not feeling well, please stay home & protect those you care about.
- Wearing a well-fitted mask is still important when in any crowded and/or indoor public setting – like shopping malls or theatres.
- Respiratory virus symptoms for some, can present much more severely in others. The risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death increases with age. If planning to visit a long-term care home, retirement home or an older loved one, please wear a mask and screen yourself for symptoms before you leave home.
- Same goes with getting your flu vaccine & staying up to date on your recommended COVID-19 vaccines.