The province has extended the Stay-at-Home order until June 2nd, 2021.
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- To date, more than 455,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa.
- The declaration of emergency and province-wide Stay-at-Home order(link is external) have been extended until June 2, 2021, requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes.
- More risk groups, essential workers and adults 40 and older can book vaccine appointments.
- The City added a new community clinic at the Infinity Convention Centre that can accommodate residents from the provincially-designated “hot spots” in Ottawa. Residents 18 and older in these locations can book an appointment at the Infinity Centre or at any other community clinic through Ontario.ca/bookvaccine(link is external).
- Visit the City’s updated Vaccine Distribution page to see who is eligible for vaccines, including individuals with at risk, high-risk and highest-risk health conditions, the first group of essential workers(link is external), and second group of essential workers(link is external) who cannot work from home.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- "Don't give up hope. We are getting there. The levels are coming down. Within a couple of days, we will probably have 50 per cent of people over 18 in Ottawa that have protection of one dose of vaccine. This is significant." Watch CTV Morning Live interview with Dr. Vera Etches(link is external).
- Have you registered yet? Join us on May 18 for a Vaccine 101 information session for businesses and workplaces hosted by Ottawa Public Health in collaboration with the Ottawa Board of Trade, Ottawa Coalition of Business Improvement Areas, and Le Regroupement des gens d'affaires de la capitale nationale. Register now(link is external).
- During COVID-19, nurses have continued to work tirelessly, and go above & beyond to provide care to our community. Thank you for your compassion, resilience and most importantly, your contributions #NationalNursingWeek2021(link is external).
- Check out what goes on behind the scenes at Ottawa’s COVID-19 Supply & Distribution Centre. Watch now(link is external).
- Protecting communities by building immunity: Find COVID-19 vaccine information and resources(link is external).