Monitoring indicators and key takeaways:
In addition to updating our COVID-19 Dashboard twice weekly (Tuesday and Friday), Ottawa Public Health continues to release weekly graphics and information of key COVID-19 data and messages providing guidance to the public. These weekly snapshots are shared through OPH’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and posted on our main COVID-19 website at OttawaPublicHealth.ca/coronavirus.
- Wastewater virus detection levels are moderate and decreasing
- Per cent positivity is high and decreasing
- New COVID-19 hospitalizations are moderate and decreasing
- New confirmed outbreaks are moderate and decreasing
- COVID-19, influenza and other respiratory viruses continue to circulate in the community. Wastewater virus detection levels of flu are very high and wastewater virus detection levels of RSV are moderate.
- CHEO continues to face unprecedented volumes of infants & children coming to the hospital with respiratory symptoms from various viruses.
- We can wear a well-fitting mask when in indoor public settings and crowded outdoor spaces and stay home when feeling sick to help us reduce the burden that these viruses are making in our community.
Staying up to date on our COVID-19 and flu immunizations also helps increase our protection. There are many places in our community offering these vaccines, even drop-ins and family-oriented clinics. Check out OttawaPublicHealth.ca for a location closest to you.