The Canada Army Run returns to Ottawa on Sunday, November 6. Residents can expect increased traffic throughout the day.
The running event starts on Laurier Avenue, between City Hall and Metcalfe Street, and ends at the National War Memorial. The following roads will be closed to accommodate the run:
- From 6 am to 2 pm:
- Laurier Avenue West, from Nicholas to Bay streets
- Bay Street, from Laurier Avenue West to Wellington Street
- From 7 am to 2 pm:
- Wellington Street, from the Portage Bridge to Elgin Street
- Lyon Street North, from Wellington Street to Laurier Avenue West
- Elgin Street, from Wellington to Lisgar streets
- Rideau Street, from Elgin Street to Sussex Drive
- Mackenzie Avenue, from Sussex Drive to Rideau Street
- Sussex Drive, from Rideau Street to Princess Avenue
- Princess Avenue, from Sussex Drive to Lisgar Road
- Sir George Etienne Cartier Parkway, from Lisgar Road to Sussex Drive
- Lisgar Road, from Mariposa Avenue to Rideau Terrace/Dufferin Road
- Dufferin Road southbound, from Rideau Terrace to MacKay Street
- MacKay Street eastbound, from Dufferin Road to Sussex Drive
- Bruyere Street (both sides), from Parent Avenue to Sussex Drive (local traffic only)
- St. Patrick Street (both sides), from Parent Avenue to Sussex Drive (local traffic only)
A full list of road closures and event details can be found on the Canada Army Run website.
OC Transpo and Société de Transport de l’Outaouais (STO) routes will be detoured due to the street closures. To plan your transit trip, visit octranspo.com or sto.ca. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Visit the City’s traffic impacts webpage, interactive traffic map or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter for additional information on traffic impacts throughout the weekend.