Please note, this is the final weekly update of the year.
The contractor will stop work on Montreal Road by the end of this week. Currently, the site is being cleaned up, including the last two closed intersections at Olmstead North and Mona Avenue, which will reopen by Thursday, December 15.
Looking forward to the 2023 construction season, the following remaining work is scheduled to be completed by end of July 2023:
- Final asphalt lift from Marier Avenue to St. Laurent Boulevard
- Commissioning of the cycle track from Begin Street to St. Laurent Boulevard
- Completion of all remaining landscaping, street furniture, pavement marking and signage
- Construction of the south side Montreal Road cycle track from North River Road to Montgomery Street
- Modifications at the Montreal Road/North River Road intersection
- Construction of the multi-use path (MUP) proving a cycling connection from Mark Avenue to the Vanier Parkway
- Installation of the electronic Vanier community sign at the Montreal Road/Vanier Parkway intersection
- Implementation of traffic calming features along the north leg of North River Road
No detours will be required in 2023, and two-way traffic will be maintained during construction
The Montreal Road Project Team