This is this week’s update for the Montreal Road Revitalization project.
Work planned for March 16 to 20:
- Montreal Road tree removals between North River Road and Marier Avenue. Select trees will also be removed near Lafontaine Avenue, Cantin Street and North River Road.
- North River Road from Montreal Road north to the cul-de-sac: Road removals and sewer construction. North River Road will be reduced to one lane with flag persons. Access to side streets and entrances will be maintained as the work permits. Pedestrian access may be limited within the work zones and detours will be implemented as required.
- North River Road from Montreal Road to Selkirk street: Watermain work and some road work is scheduled to begin Wednesday afternoon (March 18) and continue through the night. Traffic will be maintained in both directions along North River Road with minimal impacts to Transit. The 100m long section of east side sidewalk on North River Road between Selkirk Road and Montreal Road will be closed with a signed detour for pedestrians
Work planned for March 23 to 27 (schedule subject to changing circumstances around Covid-19):
- North River Road from Montreal Road north to the cul-de-sac continued removals and sewer work.
- North River Road from Montreal Road to Selkirk street continued watermain work during daytime.
- Montreal Road from North River Road to Marier Avenue potential sewer work across Montreal Road.