This is this week’s update for the Montreal Road Revitalization project.
Please find below a two-week update (May 11 to May 22) for the Montreal Road Revitalization project. Both this week and next will focus on working at the following locations:
- Montreal Road/Vanier Parkway intersection: Watermain work through the intersections is almost complete with the last phase of the work taking place on the east side of the intersection. Traffic will be impacted on both the Vanier Parkway and Montreal Road requiring lane reductions. Pedestrians will be detoured around the intersection as work progresses.
- North River Road/Montreal Road intersection: The north side of the intersection is almost complete, and crews will be flipping the northside Montreal Road lane closures to the southside shortly. The next phase of the work will include paving the intersection and the south leg of North River Road as well as curb construction in the south quadrants of the intersection.
- North River Road from Montreal Road to cul-de-sac: Houses fronting North River Road will be set up on temporary water services this week allowing crews to decommission the existing watermain and start construction of a new watermain. Water shut-offs will be communicated 24 hours in advance with notices dropped off at houses.
- Montreal Road (North River Road to Cody Avenue): Crews will start constructing continuous sections of watermain with multiple crews on site. The work will require closure of the Cody Avenue this week and closure of Cyr Avenue next week.
Other/special notes: Marier Avenue and Olmstead Street closure requiring OC Transpo Route 19 detour
Significant work will be starting shortly on the section of Montreal Road between Olmstead Street and Marier Avenue. The work includes construction of new watermain, road structure, a new eastbound Montreal Road left turn lane at Marier Avenue, curbs and sidewalk. The work will require reducing Montreal Road to one lane in each direction and closure of the following intersections from Monday, May 25 to Friday, August 28:
- Marier Avenue from Montreal Road to Deschamps Avenue
- Olmstead Street from Montreal Road to Levis Avenue
The Marier Avenue and Olmstead Street road closures will require relocation of several bus stops and a 3-month detour of OC Transpo Route 19 as depicted in the below map. Signage will be posted at the existing bus stops directing transit users to the new bus stop locations. Additional information about the detour is posted on OC Transpo’s website.