This is this week’s update for the Montreal Road Revitalization project.
Please find below a two-week update (May 18 to May 29) for the Montreal Road Revitalization project. Both this week and next will focus on working at the following locations:
- Montreal Road/Vanier Parkway intersection: Watermain work through the intersection is complete and all lanes on the Vanier Parkway have been reopened. Surface work including road reconstruction at the intersection will resume later in the summer. Lane reductions along Montreal Road through the intersection remain in place and are required as part of the watermain work east and west of the intersection.
- North River Road/Montreal Road intersection: The north side of the intersection including temporary paving is complete and crews will be flipping the northside Montreal Road lane closures to the southside this week. The next phase of the work will include curb, electrical and paving on the south leg of North River Road.
- North River Road from Montreal Road to cul-de-sac: Houses fronting North River Road are set up on temporary water services and construction of water and sewer services to the houses has begun. Excavation for the water and sanitary services will require reinstatement of landscaping and driveways which will be completed once underground and road construction has been completed along North River Road.
- Montreal Road (North River Road to Dupuis Street): Crews are installing watermain, water services and sections of sanitary sewer.
Other/special notes: Marier Avenue and Olmstead Street closure requiring OC Transpo Route 19 detour
Significant work will be starting on Monday, May 25 on the section of Montreal Road between Olmstead Street and Marier Avenue. The work includes construction of new watermain, road structure, a new eastbound Montreal Road left turn lane at Marier Avenue, curbs and sidewalk. The work will require reducing Montreal Road to one lane in each direction and closure of the following intersections from Monday, May 25 to Friday, August 28:
- Marier Avenue from Montreal Road to Deschamps Avenue
- Olmstead Street from Montreal Road to Levis Avenue
The Marier Avenue and Olmstead Street road closures will require relocation of several bus stops and a 3-month detour of OC Transpo Route 19 as depicted in the attached map. Signage will be posted at the existing bus stops directing transit users to the new bus stop locations. Additional information about the detour is posted on OC Transpo’s website.