Additional groups are eligible to book vaccination appointments beginning Thursday, May 6, 2021.
The Province recently announced that additional groups will be eligible to book an appointment through the provincial online booking system (Ontario.ca/bookvaccine) and call centre (1-833-943-3900 TTY 1-866-797-0007) beginning Thursday, May 6, 2021, at 8 am including:
- Individuals turning 50 and over in 2021
- Individuals with high-risk and highest-risk health conditions:
- Obesity (BMI > 40)
- Other treatments causing immunosuppression (e.g. chemotherapy, immunity weakening medications)
- Intellectual or developmental disabilities (e.g. Down Syndrome)
- Pregnant individuals
- Organ transplant recipients
- Other health conditions listed as highest risk by the Province of Ontario.
- First group of essential workers who cannot work from home including:
- Education staff who provide direct supports to students with complex special needs
- Elementary/secondary school workers
- Workers responding to critical events (e.g. police, fire, special constables)
- Enforcement, inspection and compliance (e.g. by-law, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers)
- Individuals working in licensed child care settings
- Food manufacturing and distribution workers
- Agriculture and farm workers
- Funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals can also call:
- 613-691-5505 for Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health
- 613-740-0999 for Akausivik
See the Ministry of Health COVID-19: guidance for prioritization of phase 2 populations for COVID-19 Vaccination for more details.
Other residents may already be eligible based on age or risk factor as determined by the Province of Ontario. Check OttawaPublicHealth.ca for eligibility and to learn how to get a vaccine.
Additional groups will become eligible as the City receives provincial direction and additional vaccine. Information will be communicated as soon as it is received.
Sign up for the COVID-19 vaccination update e-subscription for regular news on the vaccine roll-out.
Visit ottawa.ca or OttawaPublicHealth.ca for more information on Ottawa’s vaccination distribution plan.