There will be many exciting events in the City of Ottawa this Victoria Day weekend but remember that City services will be effected by the holiday.
Victoria Day Events
Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, May 19. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- The Canadian Tulip Festival continues this weekend, wrapping up on Monday, May 23. Check out hundreds of thousands of tulips blooming at Commissioners Park and all the fun festival programming in the area, along with different ways to experience beautiful tulips in Ottawa. Don’t miss the fireworks display on Sunday, May 22. Some events are FREE!
- Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee this Victoria Day weekend on Sparks Street with a street party this Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22. FREE!
- Check out the Victoria Day fireworks on Monday, May 23 at the Rideau Carleton Casino, along with gaming fun, dining, and more!
- This weekend at Lansdowne, enjoy a Brett Kissel concert and a Mexico in The Glebe event on Friday, May 20 – then watch the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball team kick off their season on Wednesday, May 25!
- Learn about Korean culture during Korean Cultural Week this Saturday, May 21 to Thursday, June 2 with special events across Ottawa, including music, movies and food at Lansdowne on Saturday, May 21; then workshops, contests and more throughout the week!
- The Canadian Children’s Museum has reopened! Little ones will love the kids’ area where they learn about the world through play at this special museum located within the Canadian Museum of History. Advance tickets required.
- See Ottawa by water as Paul’s Boat Line’s guided tours kick off this weekend with guided boat tours along the Ottawa River.
- Planet Ice: Mysteries of the Ice Ages reopens at the Canadian Museum of Nature this Friday, May 20. Learn about this important time in world history and how animals adapted.
- Calling all kids! The Ottawa Children’s Festival is on Thursday, May 19 through May 29 with French and English theatre, activities, and more at LeBreton Flats.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Victoria Day City Schedule
The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Victoria Day holiday on Monday, May 23.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, May 23. Collection scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday, May 24. Collection will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed the following week by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Monday, May 23.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo bus service and O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 24.
On Monday, May 23, the whole family can ride all day for $11.00 on a single DayPass! Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older.
- New this year: children aged seven and under ride for no charge every day!
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open on Monday, May 23 from 8 am to 9.
OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed.
- Heartwood House (OC Transpo Lost and Found) will be closed on Monday, May 23.
Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service on Monday, May 23.
- Regular bookings on Monday, May 23 are automatically cancelled.
- Customers can book trips for these dates one week prior by calling 613-560-5000 or using the online web form.
- The reservations line will remain open from 7 am to 5 pm, while the trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
For more information on Victoria Day service, visit octranspo.com or call (613) 560-5000.
Recreation and cultural services
- Pools, arenas and recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check with the facility directly for details.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Monday, May 23. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- Shenkman Arts Centre is closed on Monday, May 23.
- Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe is closed on Monday, May 23.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, May 23.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Baby Help Line will be returning calls (open).
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre at 141 Bayview Station Road will be closed on Monday, May 23.
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Monday, May 23.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, May 23. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.